The Balance Trainer comes in two different forms;
- As a complete ready-to-run hardware box called the Balance Trainer System.
- As a do-it-yourself micro SD Card image for a Raspberry Pi 2B or 3B
To use the Balance Trainer (in any of the above forms), you also need:
- An original Nintendo Wii Balanceboard
- A Nintendo Wiimote or equivalent
- A Computer screen with HDMI input and HDMI cable
- A standard 5V 2A micro USB power supply (not if you install on your own Linux laptop)
1. Balance Trainer System (175,- Euro)
The Archery Balance Trainer System consists of a Raspberry Pi 2B in a small black housing. In one of the 4 USB ports, a Bluetooth dongle is installed. The micro SD Card reader of the Raspberry contains a micro SD Card with the operating system and the Balance Trainer software.
Installation of the Balance Trainer system is straightforward;
- Connect the computer screen via the HDMI cable to the Balance Trainer box
- Connect a USB mouse (wired, or through a dongle)
- Connect the 5V 2A micro USB power plug (the system will boot up immediately)
2. Raspberry Pi 2B SdCard image (Free evaluation, License 90,- Euro)